Kaas Pathar Tour from Mumbai, including AC Bus Travel to Sajjangad Fort, Vajrai Waterfall, and Thoseghar Waterfall. Official website for Online booking. We give you an opportunity to explore Kaas along with few handpicked locations by our team, this Itinerary is designed in a way to get the best experience. On this Tour, We'll be visiting Kaas Plateau/ Kaas Pathar, Magnificant Thosegar waterfalls, Vajrai Waterfalls, Sajjangad Fort, Camping under the stars at a lakeside location, and visiting a Secret Waterfall. Kaas Plateau, famously known as "Maharashtra's Valley Of Flowers," emerges as a serene forest plateau located just 25 kilometers away from Satara, Maharashtra. This enchanting landscape stands as a testimony to rich biodiversity, characterized by vibrant and sprawling meadows. A significant feather in its cap, Kaas Plateau earned its spot on the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site list in 2012. Here, you'll encounter a treasure trove of endangered flowers and endemic butterflies, with a remarkable 624 species finding a place in the IUCN Red Data Book. Among these, 39 species exclusively call the Kaas Region their home. Nestled within the grandeur of the Sahyadri Mountains, Kaas Pathar unveils a kaleidoscope of colorful meadows, adorned with delicate blooms. These flowers, however, grace the land for a brief period each year, typically from September to October, although this window may shift due to natural influences. As the blooming season commences, new flowers unfurl nearly every day, creating a spectacle that never ceases to amaze.
- Experiencing flower blossom at Kaas Pathar
- Visit Sajjangad Fort
- Visit Vajrai Waterfall and Thoseghar Waterfall
- We'll be visiting a secret waterfall too
- Tasting the local cuisine.
- Boating at the lake
- Lakeside Camping
- Campfire and group games
- Garba night (during Navratri)
- All the "Masti" which is a USP of Mischief Treks.
Kaas Pathar Tour | Sajjangad Fort | Vajrai Waterfall | Thoseghar Waterfall
Charges for Kaas Pathar Tour: (1 Night 2 Days)
- Without Pickup: ₹2899
(Participants need to reach the base village using own vehicle)
- Pickup & Drop: ₹ 4999
(Pickup and drop from Mumbai will be provided in AC Bus)
Charges for Kaas Pathar Tour: (1 Day Tour)
- With AC Bus Pickup & Drop From Mumbai: ₹ 2800
(Pickup and drop from Borivali, Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Vashi, Kharghar and Panvel will be provided)
|Tour Location||Kaas Plateau Maharashtra|
|Best Time to Visit||September to October|
|Difficulty Level||Easy - Tour|
|Night Stay Tour||2 Nights | 2 Days Click Here|
|One Day Tour||One-Day Tour Click Here|
|Charges/Fees||INR 2899 onwards|
|Batch Size||30 Participants|
|Suitable For:||All age groups|
|Tour Organised by||Mischief Treks|
Detailed Itinerary for the Tour
What's the Meeting point for the event?
Bus Pickup Timings
10:00 pm : Borivli SGNP Gate
10:10 pm : Goregaon - Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall
10:20 pm : Andheri - Start of andheri flyover
10:30 pm : Bandra - Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop
10:40 pm : Sion Station
11:00 pm : Chembur - Shivaji Mahraj Statue
11:40 pm : Vashi - Opposite Center One Mall
11:50 pm : Kharghar - Hotel Three Star
Note: People who opted for without transport option will be traveling by their own vehicle have to meet our team at Hotel Three Star in Khargar at 11:50pm and follow our vehicle till Kaas.)
Day 0 - Friday
You'll be meeting our team at the Meeting points & Pickup time mentioned above. Those who have Opted for "Without Bus Pickup" option will be travelling traveling by their own vehicle have to meet our team at Hotel Three Star in Khargar at 11:50pm and follow our vehicle till Kaas.
Day 1- Saturday
- We'll be reaching the base village by 07:00 am, you can freshen up at the breakfast point
- Post that we will be having a short Introduction and Instructions round.
- Once that is done, we'll proceed to Kaas Plateau/ Kaas Pathar which is 20 min drive from the breakfast point.
- We will the explore the Beautiful Colorful Meadows, this doesn't involve any trekking, it purely is a tour.
- You can take your own time to explore the plateau and click pictures.
- Once we explore the plateau we'll be heading to have our Lunch by 12:00 pm, Post lunch we will move towards Vajrai Waterfall view point. (We'll be walking through an 1/2 hr trail to reach Vajrai View point)
- We'll be then heading towards our campsite and relax, we'll be having Group activities like Games, Music, and Stories followed by Dinner waiting for us.
Stay (tent stay) will be near the Lake. The washroom is available at the campsite.
Day 2 - Sunday
- Wake up call for those who have slept at 06:00 am.
- We'll be having breakfast by 7 am and Leave for Thosegar Waterfall View Point.
- You'll get to experience mesmerizing view of the Thosegar falls, Post that we'll move towards Sajjangad and explore the fort.
- Later on we will be having Prasad (Lunch) by "Shri Samarth Seva Mandal Sajjangad and Sansthan" and start our return journey to Mumbai.
- We'll be reaching Mumbai late evening approx by 10 pm depending on traffic Conditions.
What is included in the tour
- Pvt bus pickup and drop from Mumbai (AC-Bus) if opted for.
- Sharing Waterproof Tents ( 2 twin sharing)
- Breakfast & Lunch on Day 1 (Veg/Jain)
- Breakfast & Lunch on Day 2 (Veg/Jain)
- Dinner on Day 1 (Veg/Jain)
- Toll Charges, Taxes and other govt /local body fees.
- Kaas Entry Fees & Guide (govt charges).
- Expertise Charges.
- Boating Charges.
- Basic First Aid.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above.
- Identity proof.
- Water (minimum 1 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, extra clothes and toiletries.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Mosquito repellent
- Some ready-to-eat food like biscuits, plum cake, etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder (We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- A haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free.
- And the most important thing, carry a lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Mischief treks does not own busses and the busses are hired just like people hire ola/uber/auto/taxi.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any outdoor group event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss joining the group you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
- Please do not apply to join with our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
FAQ's for Kaas Pathar Tour
Q: When is Kaas Plateau open for visitors?
Ans. Kaas Pathar also known as Kaas plateau is open for visitors from 08:00 am to 06:00 pm. The season for 2023 starts from September 20, 2023 and the season ends around October 20, 2023. Entry charges are Rupees 150.00 per person.
Daily time-slots for Visitors:
- Slot 1: 07:00-11:00 Hrs
- Slot 2: 11:00-15:00 Hrs
- Slot 3: 15:00-18:00 Hrs
Per slot only 1000 visitors will be allowed to enter the plateau. Online booking is compulsory and can be done on Mischief Treks website.
Q: Can we leave our luggage in the bus during Kaas Tour?
Ans. Yes, During Kaas Tour you can keep the extra luggage in the bus while you take a stroll to witness flowers at the plateau.
Q: Is there Bathing facility available at the breakfast point??
Ans. No, Bathing Facility is not available at the breakfast point or the lunch point.
Q. Is Kaas Plateau Tour safe for solo participants?
Ans. Yes Kaas Plateau Tour is safe and comfortable. Mostly 40% of the participants come solo and blend in with the trek leaders and the rest of the group.
Q. Is Kaas Plateau Tour safe for girls?
Ans. Mischief Treks has a track record of making our tours, trekking and camping events extremely safe for girls. Normally 60% to 75% of our participants are females. Apart from standard risks of any adventure activity, Mischief Treks events are safe for girls, women, kids and especially Men.
Q: What are the kids' charges for Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. The Charges for kids depend on multiple factors, Would the kid require a separate seat while traveling on the bus,If yes the charges would be Rs.4500 -OR- Will the parent carry the kid on his/her lap during the bus Journey throughout the night? In this case the charges would be 2500. These Charges need to be paid on Gpay after the parents have booked their tickets.
Q. Can we pay in cash or installment for Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. Sorry we do not accept cash payments. Online booking is compulsory and has to be done well in advance on the official website of Mischief Treks | Mumbai.
Q. What is the last date of booking the Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. Bookings close once tickets are sold out. Ideally you need to book at least 3-4 days in advance. Online booking for Kaas Plateau needs to be done on www.mischieftreks.com
Q. If I have opted for "with transport", which vehicle will be provided?
Ans. Transport from Mumbai is generally provided by bus. The bus capacity varies with reference to participant count. 20 seater, 35 Seater, 45 seater etc .. , if the participant count is low we may opt for Qualis/Sumo/ Tavera for transport
Q. What is provided in meals at Kaas?
Ans. Breakfast will consist of Poha and tea. Lunch will consist of Roti, seasonal veg, dal, rice, papad and pickle.
Q. How many people will be coming for Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. Depends on the number of people booking the event. Generally, the batch size is approximately 30-40 participants. It is a Public place and we have no access to data on other organizers' bookings hence we cannot comment on the exact number of people planning to visit this place on a given date.
Q. Can kids participate in Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. Age does not matter, Fitness and adaptation is extremely Important. This event is suitable for kids who like nature and would like to explore. If you are planning to join in with a kid , I recommend you to go through this Check this Blog: https://www.mischieftreks.com/can-kids-trek-in-maharashtra
Q. How do we get in touch after reaching meeting point?
Ans. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination where you will be provided all the necessary information regarding contact person, exact point to meet etc.
Q: What details will be shared in the WhatsApp group?
Ans. Only the Final Coordination Details like, GPS Location of the Pickup point, contact details about the event leader, Live Location of the bus once the event leader reaches the 1st pickup point, and then the final important thing Coordination for Bus pickup will be done/shared in the WhatsApp group. All the other details are already available on the event details page.
Q. Can someone read out all details for me on phone?
Ans. All the details are mentioned on this page itself, once you scroll up you will all info on your screen. Sorry we do not verbally provide details on phone as it usually creates lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Also, its extremely important to read and understand all the details before you book the event so that you have absolute clarity. If something mentioned on this page is confusing , you can get clarity on chat by clicking on chat with us button on top. To discuss things that are not mentioned on this website we can arrange a callback from one of our trek leaders.
Q. What if there are less flowers or no flowers, will we get a refund? - OR - will we have to pay extra if there are much more flowers than expected??
Ans. Any event including Kaas Tour that is based on natural occurrence or natural phenomenon eg. Snowing, Raining, Flower blooming, Cloud formation etc.. is not in our control. You need to book such events only if you are willing to take that chance. Natural phenomenon cannot be assured from our end, nor is part of inclusions of the charges. The flowers in Kaas can be completely destroyed if it rains heavily or if its too hot, sunny and dry. Weather conditions can change overnight and this can result in early blooming or late blooming of flowers.
Q. I have booked/paid for the event, is my booking confirmed for the event?
Ans. No !, your booking can become invalid if you do not submit the "Most Important Details" required for emergency situations. For any Trek/Adventure event the organizers need to have your details at least 24 hours prior to the event. We do not allow anyone to the campsite until we have complete and authentic details of the person. This info is crucial in case of an emergency and is a mandatory KYC parameter. The link for the "personal details form" will be sent on WhatsApp immediately after you complete the booking instructions mentioned on the website. Submitting incomplete/incorrect/fake details in the form will make your booking invalid and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. Why is submitting emergency contact details and KYC information mandatory?
Ans. Its a standard protocol and also a guideline by Govt of India. We are accountable for every "Human-Body" present at our campsite or trek is our responsibility and in case of any unfortunate event we will be asked by authorities to provide all relevant information about you. In order to comply with the authorities we have to take authentic information from you. Fake/Incomplete information or non-submission of the details will make your ticket (paid amount) invalid and no refund will be provided in such case. You will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Q: Can I board the bus even if I have not paid for the pickup and drop option?
Ans. No, you cannot use the bus if you have not paid for it. If you like to board the bus from any pickup point during the entire tour, you need to select the pickup/drop option. If you are not entering the bus anywhere throughout the event, and you will be using your own vehicle to travel, you need to select the without pickup option.
Q. Does the cancellation policy/rescheduling policy apply to me if I book on event day or last day?
Ans: Yes, the policy is applicable irrespective of the booking date. The cancellation / reschedule policy is applicable to everyone with immediate effect from the date and time of booking. The refunds/rescheduling requests will be processed based on the date and time of cancellation/reschedule request sent to us and the date and time of booking the event are irrelevant.
Q. What is the basis of cancellation/reschedule policy in case of medical or personal emergency of participant or organizing team?
Ans: The cancellation policy is based on fairness towards the participant and the organizing team. In case of medical/personal emergency, the loss arising out of cancellation/reschedule will be borne by the respective person. i.e. if the organizing team faces an emergency situation and the event gets canceled, the participant will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if the participant faces an emergency situation, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss. The cancellation policy is designed with a completely unbiased approach towards the participant and organizing team and is aimed at fairness towards both.
Q. What if there is an issue with transport, i.e. the bus breaks down, AC is not working, tyre gets punctured? will we get a refund?
Ans. Mischief Treks as a team conducts treks only. All the support functions like transport, food etc are sourced from various other vendors to help the participants have it streamlined. Equipment failure can happen any time with any piece of machinery and we can try to get a replacement/repair from the vendor. This may consume time and the trek leader may decide to continue the trek as deemed fit to get the event completed. We as well as the participants have to bare with it. There are no refunds possible in such case. The Trek leader's decision to terminate the trek or continue the trek with available resources will be final and binding.
Q. We are coming by our own vehicle for the event, where should we reach for Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. You need to reach the Meeting point at scheduled meeting time. This is where we will be meeting, from here you can follow our vehicles. You will be given exact coordinates after you finish booking formalities. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination, you will be provided all relevant details in the group. Please do not be late, we cannot keep other participants waiting. If you are not able to reach on time you will be considered a Drop-Out and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. Will we be returning at exact time mentioned in the itinerary?
Ans. The Itinerary is for reference purpose only, it is based on average time taken during our previous events. Actual timeline for a particular date depends on Weather conditions, Traffic Conditions, Participants speed and endurance.
Q: Are pets allowed in Kaas Plateau Tour?
Ans. We don't mind, but the stray dogs cause trouble for all other participants when they sense presence of any outsider animal in their territory. If this happens we will have to ask the pet to be taken away from location. Hence we highly recommend not bringing any pets into any forest region.
Q: Will we have to pay extra for entry fees at the Kaas Tour?
Ans. We will be getting the booking done from our end and no extra fees needs to be paid at the Kaas event for entry in Kaas Plateau.
Q: How do I go to Kaas Plateau?
Ans. For entering Kaas you'll require pass, these passes are available online in limited numbers, you'll have to do online registration for this. Incase you join us we'll be taking care of this part and getting your registration done on time.
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
- 90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to trek date and time, free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5 days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and also the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.