Get ready to conquer new heights with Mischief Treks as we take you on an exhilarating journey to the historic Kothaligad Fort trek in Maharashtra. Known as the 'Pinnacle Fort,' this hidden gem is nestled amidst the breathtaking Sahyadri Mountains, offering a perfect blend of history, thrill, and panoramic views. Picture yourself trekking through lush green forests. The trek to Kothaligad Fort is suitable for beginners and experienced trekkers, with its moderate level of difficulty. As you ascend the ancient stone steps and rugged terrain, be prepared to be amazed by the historical significance of this fort.The cave and temple on the fort are from the 13th Century. Locals say a different story about this kothaligad, they say that it was a watch tower and not a fort. Known popularly as peth fort it has a small temple, Caves, Tunnel. There is a staircase to reach the top from inside of the pinnacle. You'd see continuous waterfalls gushing down the nearby hills. If you are looking for Easy treks for beginners click here: https://www.mischieftreks.com/collections/easy-trek-for-beginners
The best time to visit Kothaligad Fort for a day trek is during June-October. At a short distance from Mumbai with Easy-beginner difficulty its suits all.
- View the early morning bliss from the top. - Sunrise Special Trek
- Trek through lush green surroundings and forests.
- Cannons on top of the fort
- Rock-cut water storage tanks
- Visiting Ancient Caves and Temple
- Thrilling elements including rocky terrains, ladders, and caves.
- Unique pinnacle-shaped rock formation atop the fort.
- Ascend ancient stone steps for an adventurous experience.
- Breathtaking panoramic views of Sahyadri Mountains.
Kothaligad Fort Trek | Best Monsoon Trek
Album Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YbZgNT2ZHRBhZ35L6
Charges for Kothaligad Fort Trek:
- Without Pickup: ₹750
(Participants need to reach the base village in their own vehicle)
- Pickup Karjat: ₹ 950
(A Shared Jeep Pickup from Karjat will be provided)
|Height/Altitude||3100 ft (944 m)|
|Best Time to Visit||June to October|
|Charges/Fees||INR 750 onwards|
|Batch Size||30 Participants|
|Trek Organised by||Mischief Treks|
Meeting Point: Karjat local train station
Three hours prior to the event date and time, we will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination purposes.
Catch this "CSMT - Karjat Local train" from the station nearest to you
CSMT : 04:47 am
Byculla: 04:55 am
Dadar: 05:05 am
Kurla: 05:15 am
Ghatkopar: 05:21 am
Thane: 05:42 am
Dombivali: 06:09 am
Kalyan: 06:16 am
Karjat: 07:08 am
Schedule for the Day:
- The train would be reaching Karjat Station by 07:08 am. Once the Train reaches the station Our Trek Leader will meet you at the station and the group will move out and take the transport vehicle by 07:25 am.
- Then we would start our journey towards Kothaligad, we will reach our first base village "Ambivali" by 08:35 am we shall have our breakfast, a short safety and introduction round and start our trek by 09:15 am.
- We would be walking uphill on a path filled with small stones, rocks to reach our top of the fort we'll be reaching there by 11:45 am.
- We can rest here for sometime, freshen up and start our trek towards the top, the views here are breathtaking.
- We'll then explore the top and start our descend by 12:30 pm.
- We'll head back to the 1st base village by 01:45 pm and have our lunch over there, post lunch we shall start our descend back to Ambivali.
- We'll reach Ambivali by 04:15 pm, Once we reach base, we head to Karjat station and back to Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Pickup and drop from Karjat station ( If opted for )
- Lunch - Veg
- Govt / Local Body Charges as applicable
- Trek expertise charges
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled water.
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above in inclusion section.
- Any emergency evacuations/rescue (if required)
- Identity proof.
- Reliable shoes with good grip and extra pair of floaters.
- Water (minimum 2 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Rain gear - windcheater/raincoat/poncho.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Mosquito repellent (optional)
- Some ready-to-eat food like biscuits, plum cake, etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder (We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- A haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free while trekking.
- And most imp thing, carry lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Please do not apply to join our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers living in tribal (Aadivasi) region. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Mischief treks does not own busses, Jeeps, Trains, or Flight. The transport options are hired by us just like people hire Ola/Uber/Auto/Taxi/Train. Any issues regarding the transport vehicles need to be addressed to concerned transport service provider. Pickup-and-Drop for the event is arranged only as "help" towards common means to travel together, Mischief Treks does not provide transport services or takes any liability regarding the same. Our role and responsibility starts from base village where the trek conducted by us begins.
- Trekking Shoes: Wear reliable shoes with good grip, the sole of the shoe gets ripped off if the shoe is not in good condition.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any adventure or sport event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss joining the group you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
CAUTION: Please be aware that even the easiest trek is fundamentally a "Trek," not a Tour, Hike, or Picnic. It's crucial to understand that an unfit individual might struggle to complete even half of an easy trek. Based on our prior experiences, an unfit person might perceive an easy-grade trek as the most difficult trek. Prior to making a booking for the event, ensure that you are in good physical and mental condition for trekking.
To understand What is Trek ( click here )
Q. I have booked/paid for the Kothaligad Trek event, is my booking confirmed for Kothaligad Fireflies Festival?
Ans. No !, your booking can become invalid if you do not submit the "Most Important Details" required for emergency situations. This form needs to be submitted within 3 hours of booking Confirmation. We do not allow anyone to the campsite until we have complete and authentic details of the person. This info is crucial in case of an emergency and is a mandatory KYC parameter. The link for the "personal details form" will be sent after you complete the booking instructions mentioned on the website. Submitting incomplete/incorrect/fake details in the form or not submitting the form will make your booking invalid and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. Can someone read out the details mentioned on this page for me on a phone call?
Ans. We at Mischief Treks have a strict condition, each participant who wishes to join our group needs to be aware of all the aspects of the event. Hence we have mentioned the details with utmost clarity and transparency on this page. We will not make phone calls to read out information that is readily available this page. We strongly urge you to refer to the provided resources before requesting redundant assistance. We do not verbally provide details on phone as it usually creates a lot of "Misunderstanding" and "Miscommunication". If something mentioned on this page is confusing, you can get clarity on chat by clicking on WhatsApp icon on your screen, we shall revert with written clarification to all the queries. To discuss things that are "Not" mentioned on this page we can arrange a callback from one of our Trek Leaders.
Q. Why is submitting emergency contact details and KYC information mandatory?
Ans. Its a standard protocol and also a guideline by Govt of India. We are accountable for every "Human-Body" present at our campsite or trek is our responsibility and in case of any unfortunate event we will be asked by authorities to provide all relevant information about you. In order to comply with the authorities we have to take authentic information from you. Fake/Incomplete information or non-submission of the details will make your ticket (paid amount) invalid and no refund will be provided in such case. You will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Q: Is the event suitable for Females?
Ans. We at Mischief Treks do not consider females as lesser humans and any female/male who is physically fit can participate in our events and enjoy nature just like Men.
Q. If I have opted for "with transport", which vehicle will be provided?
Ans. For This Particular event Local transport from Karjat is Provided
Q. Does the cancellation policy/rescheduling policy apply to me if I book on event day or last day?
Ans: Yes, the policy is applicable irrespective of the booking date. The cancellation / reschedule policy is applicable to everyone with immediate effect from the date and time of booking. The refunds/rescheduling requests will be processed based on the date and time of cancellation/reschedule request sent to us and the date and time of booking the event are irrelevant.
Q. What is the basis of cancellation/reschedule policy in case of medical or personal emergency of participant or organizing team?
Ans: The cancellation policy is based on fairness towards the participant and the organizing team. In case of medical/personal emergency, the loss arising out of cancellation/reschedule will be borne by the respective person. i.e. if the organizing team faces an emergency situation and the event gets canceled, the participant will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if the participant faces an emergency situation, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss. The cancellation policy is designed with a completely unbiased approach towards the participant and organizing team and is aimed at fairness towards both.
Q. What if there is an issue with transport, i.e. the jeep/bus breaks down, tyre gets punctured? will we get a refund?
Ans. Mischief Treks as a team conducts treks only. All the support functions like transport, food etc are sourced from various other vendors to help the participants have it streamlined. Equipment failure can happen any time with any piece of machinery and we can try to get a replacement/repair from the vendor. This may consume time and the trek leader may decide to continue the trek as deemed fit to get the event completed. We as well as the participants have to bare with it. There are no refunds possible in such case. The Trek leader's decision to terminate the trek or continue the trek with available resources will be final and binding.
Q. We are coming by our own vehicle for the event, where should we reach for Kothaligad Trek?
Ans. You can reach the base village directly. You will be given exact coordinates after you finish booking formalities. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination, you will be provided all relevant details in the group. Please do not be late, we cannot keep other participants waiting. If you are not able to reach on time you will be considered a Drop-Out and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. How many people will be at the coming for Kothaligad Trek?
Ans. Depends on the number of people booking the event. Generally, the batch size is approximately 25 - 30 participants. Kothaligad is a Public place and we have no access to data on other organizers' bookings hence we cannot comment on the exact number of people planning to visit this place on a given date.
Q. Is Kothaligad Trek safe for solo participants?
Ans. Yes Kothaligad Trek is safe and comfortable. Mostly 40% of the participants come solo and blend in with the trek leaders and the rest of the group.
Q. Is Kothaligad Trek safe for girls?
Ans. Mischief Treks has a track record of making our trekking and camping events extremely safe for girls. Normally 60 – 75 % of our participants are females.
Q. What will be the age group for this event ?
Ans. Generally the age group is between 18yrs to 28 years. We also have had kids as young as 3 years and elders above 60 years for this event.
Q. How long is the Kothaligad Trek?
Ans. Normally it takes two hours to ascend and two hours to descend.
Q. Can we pay in cash or installment ?
Ans. Sorry we do not accept cash payments. For installment scheme you will have to pay one-time processing fee of Rs.500 per person.
Q. What is the last date of booking Kothaligad Trek?
Ans. Bookings close once tickets are sold out. Ideally you need to book atleast 2-3 days in advance.
Q. How should I book the Kothaligad Trek event?
Ans. All you have to do is press the register button on this page and follow the instructions.
Q. How do we get in touch after reaching meeting point?
Ans. We will be creating a whatsapp group for coordination where you will be provided all the necessary information regarding contact person, exact point to meet etc..
Q. Will we be returning at exact time mentioned in the itinerary?
Ans. The Itinerary is for reference purpose only, it is based on average time taken during our previous events. Actual timeline for a particular date depends on Weather conditions, Traffic Conditions, Participants speed and endurance.
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
Events by Mischief Treks
- Group Tours and Customized Trips starting from Mumbai
- One Day Treks in/near Mumbai
- Camping and Stargazing near Mumbai
- Night Cycling in Mumbai
- Fireflies Festival 2023
- Rann of Kutch - Rann Utsav 2023-2024
- Kids Treks, Camping and Activities
September, 2023 Update: Weather conditions at Kothaligad
The weather in the month of September is pleasant, slight drizzle is expected late at night. The visibility is clear and night sky looks splendid. Average temperature for the day expected to be around 28°C. Chance of rain 20%.
- 90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, or does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to the trek date and time free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours the of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.