Welcome 2024 celebrating at Rann of Kutch and Dholavira, the white desert of Kutch, Gujrat. Package with Train Tickets from Mumbai to Bhuj also available.
Join us for an unforgettable celebration amidst the ethereal white desert of Kutch, Gujarat. Our package includes train tickets from Mumbai to Bhuj, where your adventure begins. The Rann Utsav Festival, spanning from November 1, 2023, to February 25, 2024, awaits you with the option of booking Tent City for an immersive experience. Our Rann of Kutch Tour from Mumbai promises comfort and fun, covering key attractions such as the Safed Rann (White Desert), Kala Dunger (Black Hills), the world-famous Rann Utsav, Khari Nadi, Aaina Mahal, Swami Narayan Temple, Kutch Museum, and the cinematic ruins of Chhatedi, royal cenotaphs. Plus, with Dholavira as a major highlight of this event, this journey promises an authentic and unforgettable experience.
This batch is New Year Special Extended Batch, for regular Rann of Kutch Tour Click Here
|Tour Location||Dholavira, Gujarat|
|Duration||4N | 4D|
|Charges/Fees||INR 9500 onwards|
|Suitable For||All age groups|
|Tour Organised by||Mischief Treks|
|Category||New Year Celebration Event|
- Safed Rann - The Sky, The Water, The Sand...
- Kalo Dungar -the Black Hills is the highest point in Kutch
- Dholavira - The white desert
- Archaeological site - Dholavira.
- Chipper Point
- Fossil Park
- Witness the world famous RANN UTSAV
- Khari Nadi
- Adiyogi Statue, Bhuj
- Aaina Mahal
- Swaminarayan temple
- Kutch Museum
- Chhatardi Bhuj - Cinematic ruins of Royal cenotaph
- Local shopping and food hopping around Bhuj
- Mafia game at night
- Photography - be ready to get clicked.
- All the "Masti" which is a USP of Mischief Treks.
Rann of Kutch and Dholavira - New Year Special Batch.
Pics and videos available on the Album link Click Here
Charges/Tickets for Rann Of Kutch Tour
- Option A: ₹ 12500 (Without Train Ticket)
- Option B: ₹ 14500 (With SL Train Ticket )
- Option C: ₹ 16500 (With AC Train Ticket)
- Option D: ₹ 9500 (Kids Ticket)
Partial Payment : You need to pay 8000/- Advance while booking and balance needs to be paid later.
This batch is New Year Special Extended Batch, for regular Rann of Kutch Tour Click Here
Rann Of Kutch and Dholavira Tour Schedule
- 03:15 PM – Mumbai Participants catch train number 20907 - Sayaji Express Dadar to Bhuj at 3:15pm from Dadar or 3:35pm from Borivali, and de-board at Samakhiali Station next day by 3:40 AM
Day 1- Samakhiali to Dholavira
- Early Morning Pick up from Samkhiyali to Dholavira (4-5 hours)
- Breakfast on the way
- Visit Chipper Point of Dholavira, Before Check-in at the stay for the day.
- Check-in, Freshen up, and have Lunch at the Dining area.
- Have some rest or explore the village around.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dholavira
- Visit Wood Fossil Park of Dholavira Kutch
- Cherish the most tranquil sunset at Bhanjdo Hill – Dholavira Sunset Point
- Head back to back to Resort in our Bhunga/Cottage/Tent
- Dinner will be ready by 8pm.
- Cultural dance, Campfire, and Music.
Day 2- Dholavira to Rann of Kutch
- Experience a scenic and tranquil journey through a desert road.
- Visit Kalo Donger, Explore the scenic view and here you get to see India - Pakistan border and and empty your pockets if you love shopping.
- Check in to Stay, Freshen Up at resort in our Bhunga/Cottage/Tent. and have lunch at the common dining area.
- Start Early in afternoon (3.30pm) for Sunset (Bcoz it will get too crowded on
entry point post 4.40pm)
- Make sure you all wear colorful clothes to get Beautiful photos with a backdrop
- Experience Sunset with the grandness of White Desert.
- We shall come back and enjoy at white Rann Fair / Cultural Program and Rann Utsav Photography.
- Dinner will be ready by 9:00 pm, Enjoy your Dinner and night stay at the traditional hut "Bhunga" / tent
- After dinner we will once again go to watch the white desert glowing in the moonlight. Those who wish to rest can stay back in bed.
Day 3- Rann Utsav and Bhuj Sightseeing
- Early Morning Wake up call
- At 6:00 am You can come for grabbing the first rays of the sun. Lazy bums can choose to stay tucked in cozy blankets.
- Breakfast will be ready by 08:30 am, Post Breakfast, freshen up and Check out, by 09:30 and head towards Bhuj
- We will have lunch en-route and start Bhuj sightseeing
- Local sightseeing- Adiyogi Statue, Khari Nadi, Kutch Museum, Aaina Mahal, Chhatedi - Cinematic ruins of Royal cenotaphs, and Swaminarayan temple.
- 09:30 pm Drop at Bhuj Airport/Railway station/Bus Station. Return Train number 20908 starting from Bhuj at 10:35 pm, reach next Day Dadar at 01:50 pm.
Day 4 - Mumbai Participants reach Borivali by 01:10 pm and Dadar by 01:50 pm.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on Triple/Quad sharing basis in village traditional hut called Bhunga / tent is included. (Twin sharing occupancy also can be arranged based on availability at time of booking at an extra cost of 3000 per Couple per night and for single occupancy 5000 extra per person per night needs to be paid)
- Mumbai-Bhuj-Mumbai train traveling in sleeper class ticket bought from IRCTC online (AC tickets / Premium Tickets can be opted by paying actual charges as per IRCTC depending on availability)
- Private Non-Ac Bus with driver for your entire tour. All Toll, Parking, Taxes included. (it will be already pretty cold)
- Meals During tour:
Day 1: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch.
- All meals will be Veg / Jain only. The meals will be served as per the scheduled time in respective dining areas and missed meals will not be refunded or extended.
- White Rann entry permit from govt.
- Tour Charges, entrance fees to monuments, museums, and all local places, bus charges for 3 days, train ticket booking charges by travel agents.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during train travel and dinner before boarding train.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicles not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Meal other than mentioned in inclusion.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, renting clothes, rides.
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the inclusions section.
- Identity proof (must)
- Mosquito / Insect Repellents.
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Camera, Powerbank (optional)
- Water (minimum 1 Ltr) Compulsory.
- Some ready to eat food like biscuits, plum cake etc.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder. (We will have a basic first aid kit with us)
- Toiletries, Cap / Scarves and Sunglasses, Towels
- Winter Clothes for protection against Cold, (Avg night temp: 15 Degree.)
- Haversack to put all your things.
TRAVEL: The Train Timings will be as follows:
- Train from Mumbai to BHUJ: Dadar Bhuj Spl Train number 20907 starting at 15.15 Hrs from Dadar, Borivli 15.35hrs. This train will be reaching Bhuj at 6.30am
- Train from BHUJ to Mumbai: Return train number 20908 starting from Bhuj at 10.35pm, reaching next day Dadar at 1.50pm.
- Our crew will be traveling by train from Mumbai for the event, You may choose to join the group from Mumbai itself. We can help you with booking train tickets. The Tour Leader will be carrying the tickets with him and he will be coordinating with TTE too.
- We get the train tickets from online IRCTC , if you book late you will get RAC/Waiting List Ticket. OR, you have to opt for Tatkal Ticket.
- The organiser reserves right to make changes to the itinerary depending on the situation (if need be).
Stay will be in a village hut called "bhunga" / Tent on a triple/quad sharing basis. For twin sharing, additional charges need to be paid as explained in the Inclusions section. Pics and videos available on the album link
We will be creating a WhatsApp group 3 days prior to the event date for coordination and final instructions. The batch coordinator will be carrying all train tickets and will meet you at the train station.
Below five years kids can join in free, provided additional space is not required for the kid during the entire tour and the kid will adjust in the space allocated to accompanying adult. Kids/Children from 5 to 8 years will be considered as an individual person, and charges will be 9500. Above 8 years the charges will be same as adults.
- Please make sure you have gone through the entire details, disclaimer, and FAQ/Points to note, BEFORE booking the event.
- We get the train tickets from online IRCTC, if you book late you will get RAC/Waiting List Ticket.
- Mischief Treks provides assistance in getting your tickets booked so that you dont have to go through the hassle and all the group members can travel together. As we do not have any control or authority on 3rd party services like train/flight tickets/operations, Our role in booking tickets is just that of a helping-hand.
- The organiser reserves right to make changes to the itinerary depending on the situation.
FAQ's about Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch
What is the Best time to visit Rann of Kutch?
The best time to visit Rann of Kutch is during Rann Utsav Festival. The Festival dates for the year 2023 starts from October 2023 and will last till February 2024.
How do I get all the details about Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch?
All the details are mentioned on this page itself. Once you scroll up, you will all the information about Rann Utsav Rann of Kutch tour on your screen.
Can someone read out the details on a phone call?
Sorry, we do not verbally provide details on the phone as it usually creates a lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Also, it's extremely important to Read and Understand all the details before you book the event so that you have absolute clarity. If something mentioned on this page is confusing, you can get clarity on chat by clicking on Chat-Now. button at the top of this page. You will be provided written confirmation on chat regarding the clarity you need. To discuss things that are not mentioned on this website we can arrange a callback from one of our trek leaders.
I have booked/paid is my booking confirmed for the event?
No, your registration for Rann Utsav - Rann of Kutch Tour can become invalid if you do not submit the Most Important Details required for emergency situations. For any event, the organizers need to have your details at least 24 hours prior to the event. We do not allow anyone to the event until we have complete and authentic details of the person. This info is crucial in case of an emergency and is a mandatory KYC parameter. The link for the personal details form will be sent on WhatsApp immediately after you complete the registration instructions mentioned on the website. You are required to submit these details immediately after making payment to avoid any inconvenience. Submitting incomplete/incorrect/fake details in the form or not submitting the KYC form will make your booking invalid and no refund will be provided in such case.
Why is submitting emergency contact details and KYC information mandatory?
It's a standard protocol and also a guideline by Govt of India. We are accountable for every Human-Body present at our event. Each person is our responsibility and in case of any unfortunate event, we will be asked by authorities to provide all relevant information about you. In order to comply with the authorities, you have to provide correct, complete, and authentic information in the registration form. Fake/Incomplete information or non-submission of the details will make your registration (paid amount) invalid and no refund will be provided in such case. You will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Which vehicle will be provided for local travel at Rann Utsav, Rann of Kutch?
Transport from Bhuj to Rann Utsav - Rann of kutch is generally provided by bus. The bus capacity varies with reference to participant count in the batch. 17 seater, 26 Seater, 32 seater busses are available. If the participant count is low we may opt for Qualis/Sumo/ Tavera for transport.
If I have opted for 'with train ticket' will I get a confirmed train ticket for Rann Utsav - Rann of Kutch?
The train tickets are bought by us from Indian Railways. As you are aware that the railway reservation tickets get sold out soon and then waiting list tickets are available for booking. Hence, we strongly suggest that you should get your registration confirmed well in advance to avoid any kind of inconvenience during train travel. Ideally, the registration needs to be done 1-2 months in advance.
Does the cancellation/rescheduling policy apply to me if I book on event day or last day?
Yes, the policy is applicable irrespective of the booking date. The cancellation / reschedule policy is applicable to everyone with immediate effect from the date and time of booking. The refunds/rescheduling requests will be processed based on the date and time of cancellation/reschedule request sent to us and the date and time of booking the event are irrelevant.
What is the basis of cancellation/reschedule policy in medical emergency of participant or organizing team?
The cancellation policy is based on fairness towards the participant and the organizing team. In case of medical/personal emergency, the loss arising out of cancellation/reschedule will be borne by the respective person. i.e. if the organizing team faces an emergency situation and the event gets canceled, the participant will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if the participant faces an emergency situation, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss. The cancellation policy is designed with a completely unbiased approach towards the participant and organizing team and is aimed at fairness towards both.
What if there is an issue with transport, i.e. the bus breaks down, AC is not working, tyre gets punctured? will we get a refund?
Mischief Treks as a team conducts treks/tours only. All the support functions like transport, food etc are sourced from various other vendors to help the participants have it streamlined. Equipment failure can happen any time with any piece of machinery and we can try to get a replacement/repair from the vendor. This may consume time and the trek/tour leader may decide to continue the event as deemed fit to get the event completed. We as well as the participants have to bare with it. There are no refunds possible in such case. The Trek/Tour leader's decision to terminate the event or continue the event with available resources will be final and binding.
How many people will be coming for the Rann of Kutch Tour from Mumbai?
Depends on the number of people booking the event. Generally, the batch size for Rann of Kutch Tour from Mumbai is approximately 20-25 participants.
Is Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch Tour safe for solo participants?
Yes is safe and comfortable. Mostly 40% of the participants come solo and blend in with the leaders and the rest of the group.
Is Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch tour safe for girls/women?
Mischief Treks has a track record of making our events extremely safe for girls. Normally 60 – 75 % of our participants are females.
Can we make partial payment or pay in installment for Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch?
You can opt for partial payment if you book 60 days in advance. Balance payment needs to be paid atleast 10 days prior to event date and time.
What is the last date of booking Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch?
Bookings close once tickets are sold out. Ideally you need to book atleast 1 month advance to the scheduled date and time for each batch in 2023 and 2024.
How should I book Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch?
For online booking of Rann Utsav at Rann of Kutch, you need to login to official booking website www.mischieftreks.com and select your desired date of travel. once your plan is set, you need to press Book-Now button on the event details and follow the instructions.
How do we get in touch after reaching meeting point?
For Rann of Kutch tour, Three days prior to event date and time, we will be creating a whatsapp group for coordination where you will be provided all the necessary information regarding contact person, exact point to meet etc..
Will we be returning at exact time mentioned in the itinerary?
The Itinerary is for reference purpose only, it is based on average time taken during our previous events. Actual timeline for a particular date depends on Weather conditions, Traffic Conditions, Participants speed and endurance.
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
Rann Utsav - Full Moon Dates for 2023-2024 Rann of Kutch
Prior to 2017, Full Moon used to be special day to witness Rann Of Kutch because the moonlight falling on white desert would make it look magnificent. But, Since 2017 the place got commercialized and hundreds of huge Flood-lights (Halogen Lights) were installed at Rann of Kutch Desert area. The lights made Moon and Moonlight completely irrelevant. Now you can opt for visiting on any date without considering Full-Moon
|DATE||Moon Visibility at Rann|
|October 29, 2023||100% Moon Visibility|
|November 27, 2023||100% Moon Visibility|
|December 27, 2023||100% Moon Visibility|
|January 25, 2023||100% Moon Visibility|
|February 24, 2023||100% Moon Visibility|
Rann Utsav Festival - Rann Of Kutch Dates 2023
Moon Visibility as per group tour dates.
October 14, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
October 21, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
October 28, 2023: Full Moon
November 4, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
November 11, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
November 18, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
November 25, 2023: Moon Visibility 91%
December 2, 2023: Moon Visibility 80%
December 9, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
December 16, 2023: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
December 23, 2023: Moon Visibility 83%
December 30, 2023: Moon Visibility 91%
Rann Utsav Festival - Rann Of Kutch Dates 2024
Moon Visibility as per group tour dates.
January 6, 2024: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
January 13, 2024: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
January 20, 2024: Moon Visibility 71%
January 27, 2024: Moon Visibility 98%
February 3, 2024: Moon Visibility 52%
February 10, 2024: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
February 17, 2024: Colorful Huge Halogen Lights
February 24, 2024: Moon Visibility 100%
September, 2023 Update: Weather conditions at Rann of Kutch
The weather in the month of September is pleasant, slight drizzle is expected late at night. The visibility is clear and night sky looks splendid. Average temperature for the day expected to be around 28°C. Chance of rain 20%.
- 90% will be refunded if cancelled 30 days (720+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if cancelled 20 days (480+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if cancelled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if cancelled in less than 10 days (240 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, does not reach the meeting point on scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets cancelled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund.
The 100% refund is applicable after deduction of third-party cancellation charges i.e. train and stay. The cancellation charges of train tickets and stay need to be paid by the participant. For this event the stay cancellation charges are 500/- and train cancellation charges will be as applicable as per Indian Railways rules.
If you need to reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 720 hours prior to the event date and time. From 00 hrs - 720 hours prior to the event date and time, free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 720hours of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to threaten/blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 10 days. This mutually agreed cancellation policy is applicable to you and us as well. The Date and time of cancellation request sent to us will be considered for calculation of the applicable slab given above. The date and time of booking the event are not relevant for calculating the number of days and hours remaining between the event date and cancellation request.