Reverse Waterfall Trek at Naneghat is one of the best waterfalls near Mumbai. Difficulty level is Easy-grade and suitable for solo and Non-Crowded group. Join us for thrilling monsoon adventure to Naneghat Monsoon Trek. The monsoon season adds a magical touch, transforming the surroundings into a vibrant paradise. Along the way, you'll encounter ancient rock-cut caves that bear witness to the rich history of the region. As you reach the summit, be prepared to be mesmerized by the panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and mountains. This trek will take you through a dense forest, you will be walking through a scenic trail. The trail is full of streams, flowers, dense forest. Naneghat is a mountain pass situated at an elevation of 2800 feet. The trek is famous for its ancient pass it connects the Konkan Coast and Junnar town. While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. There is a reverse Waterfall near Naneghat. Other popular locations are Aadrai, Bhairavgad, Kalsubai, Malshej Ghat, Sandhan Valley, God Valley, and Ratangad Fort. If you are looking for Easy treks for beginners click here: https://www.mischieftreks.com/collections/easy-trek-for-beginners
- Experiencing Majestic Reverse Waterfall in Naneghat
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Sahyadri Mountains as you trek through lush greenery, misty landscapes, and cascading waterfalls.
- Discover the ancient rock-cut caves of Naneghat that date back to the 1st century BCE, offering a glimpse into the rich history and architectural wonders of the region.
- Reach the summit and be rewarded with awe-inspiring panoramic views of the surrounding valleys, mountains
- Capture stunning photographs of the scenic landscapes, mist-covered mountains, and dramatic cloud formations, preserving the memories of your Naneghat adventure.
- Reverse Waterfall Trek - Non-Crowded Batch.
Naneghat Reverse Waterfall Trek By Mischief Treks
Charges for Naneghat Waterfall Trek:
- Without Mumbai Pickup: ₹750
(Participants need to reach the base village in their own vehicle)
- Pickup Mumbai: ₹ 1400
(A Bus Pickup from Mumbai will be provided)
|Height/Altitude||854 Meters / 2800 feet|
|Base Village||Vaishakhare, Maharashtra|
|Best Time to Visit||July to September|
|Difficulty Level||Easy-Moderate ( Click Here )|
|Trek Distance||6 Kilometers|
|Charges/Fees||INR 750 onwards|
|Batch Size||25 Participants|
|Trek Organised by||Mischief Treks|
Bus Pickup: Borivali (SNGP) - 10:45 pm
Self Drive: Those coming by own car need to reach Kalyan Bypass by 01:10 pm and follow our vehicle till trek location (Those travelling by own vehicle to the base village).
Three hours prior to the event date and time, we will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination purposes. Exact GPS locations for each pickup point, coordinator contact, Live location of bus, etc will be shared in the group.
Bus Pickup points
- 11.00pm : Borivli East (SGNP gate)
- 11.10pm : Goregaon - Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall
- 11.20pm : Andheri - Start of andheri flyover
- 11.30pm : Bandra - Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop
- 11.45pm : Sion Station
- 12.00am : Amar Mahal bus stop, Ghatkopar/Chembur
- 12.35am : Thane - Teen haat naka
- 01.10am : Kalyan - NH3, Kalyan bypass
Schedule for Naneghat Waterfall Trek
- Reach base village approximately by 3:30 am
- Rest and freshen up, have breakfast
- Introduction and safety instruction session and start trekking towards the waterfall around 6.00am in dense forest.
- Explore the majestic view of Reverse waterfall and the dense forest.
- Cross water several streams and water cisterns
- Around 2 pm head back to base and have lunch
- Start return journey to Mumbai around 3:00pm
- Reach Mumbai tentatively by 08:00 pm depending on traffic conditions.
What is included in the tour
- Transport - Pickup and Drop from Mumbai ( If opted for )
- Trek Expertise charges
- Breakfast and Tea
- Lunch Veg and Jain
- Basic First Aid
- Safety Equipment charges
- Govt / Local Body Charges as applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Any emergency evacuations/rescue (if required)
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above.
- Identity proof.
- Reliable shoes with good grip and extra pair of floaters.
- Water (minimum 2 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Rain gear - windcheater/raincoat/poncho.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Mosquito repellent (optional)
- Some ready-to-eat food like biscuits, plum cake, etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder (We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- A haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free while trekking.
- And most imp thing, carry lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers living in tribal (adivasi) region. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Due to health risk, We at Mischief Treks avoid AC bus for monsoon treks. During last year monsoon hundreds of people fell sick coz they spent entire day in rain and then AC bus made things worse. Weather is already awesome, AC does not suit in such weather. Mischief treks does not own busses and the busses are hired just like people hire ola/uber/auto/taxi.
- Shoes: Wear reliable shoes with good grip, the sole of the shoe gets ripped off if the shoe is not in good condition.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any adventure or sport event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss activities if you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Weather: This is a Monsoon Trek specially formulated according to past 10 years data of rainfall. This event is not suitable for Summer or Winter. The event is scheduled to be conducted unless road is blocked, train services are suspended, or Government issues a Ban for this location.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
- Please do not apply to join with our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
Caution: Even the most "Easiest" trek is basically a TREK and not a tour or picnic. Its impossible for an Unfit person to complete even 50 percent of the easy trek. He/she may even feel that the easy grade trek is actually word's most "Difficult " trek. Please make sure you are fit to trek before booking. To understand What is Trek ( click here )
Points to Note and FAQ's For Naneghat Waterfall Trek
Q. Can someone read out event details for me on phone?
Ans. All the details are mentioned on this page itself, once you scroll up you will all info on your screen. Sorry we do not verbally provide details on phone as it usually creates lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Also, its extremely important to read and understand all the details before you book the event so that you have absolute clarity. If something mentioned on this page is confusing , you can get clarity on chat by clicking on chat with us button on top. To discuss things that are not mentioned on this website we can arrange a callback from one of our trek leaders.
Q: I have booked/paid for the event, is my booking confirmed for the event?
Ans. No !, your booking can become invalid if you do not submit the "Most Important Details" required for emergency situations. For any Trek/Adventure event the organizers need to have your details at least 24 hours prior to the event. We do not allow anyone to the campsite until we have complete and authentic details of the person. This info is crucial in case of an emergency and is a mandatory KYC parameter. The link for the "personal details form" will be sent on WhatsApp immediately after you complete the booking instructions mentioned on the website. Submitting incomplete/incorrect/fake details in the form will make your booking invalid and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. Why is submitting emergency contact details and KYC information mandatory?
Ans. Its a standard protocol and also a guideline by Govt of India. We are accountable for every "Human-Body" present at our campsite or trek is our responsibility and in case of any unfortunate event we will be asked by authorities to provide all relevant information about you. In order to comply with the authorities we have to take authentic information from you. Fake/Incomplete information or non-submission of the details will make your ticket (paid amount) invalid and no refund will be provided in such case. You will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Q. If I have opted for "with transport", which vehicle will be provided?
Ans. Transport from Mumbai is generally provided by bus. The bus capacity varies with reference to participant count. 17 seater, 26 Seater, 32 seater etc .. , if the participant count is low we may opt for Qualis/Sumo/ Tavera for transport
Q. What is provided in meals?
Ans. Breakfast will consist of poha and tea and Lunch will consist of Roti, seasonal veg, dal, rice, papad and pickle.
Q. Does the cancellation policy/rescheduling policy apply to me if I book on event day or last day?
Ans: Yes, the policy is applicable irrespective of the booking date. The cancellation / reschedule policy is applicable to everyone with immediate effect from the date and time of booking. The refunds/rescheduling requests will be processed based on the date and time of cancellation/reschedule request sent to us and the date and time of booking the event are irrelevant.
Q. What is the basis of cancellation/reschedule policy in case of medical or personal emergency of participant or organizing team?
Ans: The cancellation policy is based on fairness towards the participant and the organizing team. In case of medical/personal emergency, the loss arising out of cancellation/reschedule will be borne by the respective person. i.e. if the organizing team faces an emergency situation and the event gets canceled, the participant will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if the participant faces an emergency situation, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss. The cancellation policy is designed with a completely unbiased approach towards the participant and organizing team and is aimed at fairness towards both.
Q. What if there is an issue with transport, i.e. the bus breaks down, AC is not working, tyre gets punctured? will we get a refund?
Ans. Mischief Treks as a team conducts treks only. All the support functions like transport, food etc are sourced from various other vendors to help the participants have it streamlined. Equipment failure can happen any time with any piece of machinery and we can try to get a replacement/repair from the vendor. This may consume time and the trek leader may decide to continue the trek as deemed fit to get the event completed. We as well as the participants have to bare with it. There are no refunds possible in such case. The Trek leader's decision to terminate the trek or continue the trek with available resources will be final and binding.
Q. We are coming by our own vehicle for the event, where should we reach for Naneghat Waterfall Trek?
Ans. You need to reach the Meeting point at scheduled meeting time. This is where we will be meeting, from here you can follow our vehicles. You will be given exact coordinates after you finish booking formalities. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination, you will be provided all relevant details in the group. Please do not be late, we cannot keep other participants waiting. If you are not able to reach on time you will be considered a Drop-Out and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. How many people will be coming for Naneghat Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Depends on the number of people booking the event. Generally, the batch size is approximately 20-25 participants. It is a Public place and we have no access to data on other organizers' bookings hence we cannot comment on the exact number of people planning to visit this place on a given date.
Q. Can kids participate in Naneghat Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Age does not matter, Fitness and adaptation is extremely Important. Once we had a 4 year old girl who completed entire trek easily, and sometimes even 22-25 year old people cant complete 10% of the event . If you are planning to trek with a kid , I recommend you to go through this Check this Blog: https://www.mischieftreks.com/can-kids-trek-in-maharashtra
Q. Is Naneghat Waterfall Trek safe for solo participants?
Ans. Yes Trek is safe and comfortable. Mostly 40% of the participants come solo and blend in with the trek leaders and the rest of the group.
Q. Is Naneghat Waterfall Trek safe for girls?
Ans. Mischief Treks has a track record of making our trekking and camping events extremely safe for girls. Normally 60 – 75 % of our participants are females. Apart from standard risks of any adventure activity, Mischief Treks events are safe for girls, women, kids and especially Men.
Q. How long is the Naneghat Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Normally it takes two hours to ascend and two hours to descend.
Q. Can we pay in cash or installment for Naneghat Waterfall Trek ?
Ans. Sorry we do not accept cash payments. For installment scheme you will have to pay one-time processing fee of Rs.500 per person.
Q. What is the last date of booking the Naneghat Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Bookings close once tickets are sold out. Ideally you need to book atleast 2-3 days in advance.
Q. How should I book the Naneghat Waterfall Trek?
Ans. All you have to do is press the book button on this page and follow the instructions.
Q. How do we get in touch after reaching meeting point?
Ans. We will be creating a whatsapp group for coordination where you will be provided all the necessary information regarding contact person, exact point to meet etc..
Q. Will we be returning at exact time mentioned in the itinerary?
Ans. The Itinerary is for reference purpose only, it is based on average time taken during our previous events. Actual timeline for a particular date depends on Weather conditions, Traffic Conditions, Participants speed and endurance.
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
Information on Malshej Ghat:
Malshej Ghat, a magical paradise nestled in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, comes alive during the monsoon season, revealing its true beauty. As the rains grace the region, Malshej Ghat transforms into a breathtaking spectacle of nature's beauty. The ghat is adorned with countless waterfalls that gush down the mountains. The mist-covered valleys and lush greenery paint a picture of serenity, making it a haven for nature enthusiasts and photographers alike. One of the highlights of Malshej Ghat during the monsoon is its diverse birdlife. For adventure seekers, Malshej Ghat offers exciting trekking opportunities. The Aadrai Forest Trek, Kalu Waterfall Trek, Ganpati Gadad Trek, Naneghat Trek and Harishchandragad Trek are all based in the same region.
The monsoon season, from June to September, is undoubtedly the best time to experience the beauty of Malshej Ghat. So, pack your rain gear, embrace the monsoon spirit, and get ready to immerse yourself in the breathtaking landscapes and natural wonders of this monsoon paradise.
Best Treks in Malshej Ghat for Monsoon:
- Kalu Waterfall Trek: Kalu waterfall trek takes you for a thrilling adventure to reach the base of the Majestic Kalu Waterfall in Malshej Ghat, Maharashtra. You will be crossing multiple short river streams, walking admist a dense forest. Then crossing Kalu River which is the most thrilling part of the trek to reach the final destination Kalu Waterfall.This trek is easy grade trek suitable for beginners and offers a thrilling experience.
- Aadrai Forest Waterfall Trek: Aadrai forest is a huge forest in Malshej region, Aadrai forest waterfall trek takes you to the top of Kalu waterfall and the same waterfall can be seen from multiple view points once you reach the top. This route has gained a lot of popularity in the last few years and every weekend there roughly 10000-15000 people visiting this route during monsoons. We have found a completely offbeat waterfall in the jungle and walk through a non crowded route to reach the waterfall. If you want to experience a non-crowded trek experience - click here
- Harishchandragad Trek: The initial part of the trek involves walking through dense forests, crossing streams, and ascending rocky patches. As you progress, you'll encounter fascinating rock-cut steps and caves, including the Kedareshwar Cave Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva.The views from the Konkan Kada are absolutely breathtaking, especially during sunrise and sunset, making it a must-visit spot for photographers and nature lovers.The trek also leads to other prominent spots on the fort, such as the Taramati Peak and the ancient temple of Harishchandreshwar.
- Naneghat Reverse Waterfall Trek: The Naneghat Reverse Waterfall Trek is a unique experience that takes place during the monsoon season in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra. Naneghat is an ancient trade route known for its historical significance and breathtaking natural beauty. During the monsoon, as the region receives heavy rainfall, an interesting phenomenon occurs at Naneghat - the "reverse waterfall." Instead of water flowing down the mountain, the strong winds and upward drafts create an illusion of water flowing upwards, defying gravity. Once you reach the top, you can witness the mesmerizing reverse waterfall phenomenon if the weather conditions are favorable.
- Ganpati Gadad Trek: Located in the Western-Ghats Sahyadri mountain range, this hidden gem offers an thrilling experience that combines natural beauty, adventure, and spiritual significance. With its easy-moderate difficulty level, the Ganpati Gadad trek is suitable for both avid trekkers and nature enthusiasts. Ganpati Gadad are a group of 6-7 caves near Dhasai, known to be built by Pandavas around 2500 years ago. The trek route is full of lush green Valleys, a long stretch of fields, majestic waterfalls, beautiful streams, water cisterns and Mesmerizing Waterfall that gushes from the top of the caves.
Events by Mischief Treks
- Group Tours and Customized Trips starting from Mumbai
- One Day Treks in/near Mumbai
- Camping and Stargazing
- Night Cycling in Mumbai
- Easy Treks for Beginners and Kids
- Link: https://www.mischieftreks.com/collections/easy-trek-for-beginners
Tours starting from Mumbai
- Jog Waterfall Tour - Karnataka
- Hampi Tour
- Kumta Gokarna Beach Tour
- Kaas - Valley Of Flower Tour
- Statue of Unity Tour - Gujrat
- Manali Kasol Tour - Himachal
- Rann of Kutch - Rann Utsav 2023-2024
- Link: https://www.mischieftreks.com/trip/rann-of-kutch-tour-from-mumbai-rann-utsav
Following are the most sought-out one day treks in Maharashtra. These treks are suitable for a day visit and offer adventurous experience during Monsoon and Winter season.
- Aad Fort Trek
- Aadrai Jungle Trek
- Andharban Jungle Trek
- Asava Fort Trek
- Asherigad Fort Trek
- Bhairavgad Fort Trek
- Bhimashankar Trek
- Bhimdev Fort Trek
- Bhimgad Fort Trek
- Bhivgad Fort Trek
- Cycling Trek
- Devkund Trek
- Forest Veil Trek
- Ganpati Gadad Trek
- Garbett Plateau Trek
- Harihar Fort Trek
- Harishchandragad Trek
- Irshalgad Fort Trek
- Kaas Plateau Trek
- Kaas Valley Trek
- Kalavantin Fort Trek
- Kalsubai Trek
- Kalu Waterfall Trek
- Kids Trek
- Kohoj Fort Trek
- Kothaligad Trek
- Matheran Trek
- Malshej Ghat Trek
- Mrugagad Fort Trek
- Nandhimal Trek
- Naneghat Trek
- Nanemachi Trek
- Non Crowded Trek
- One Tree hill trek
- Peb Fort Trek
- Padargad Fort Trek
- Ratangad Fort Trek
- Raigad Fort Trek
- Rappelling Trek
- Ratankada Trek
- Sandhan Valley Trek
- Secret Waterfall Trek
- Sondai Trek
- Tandulwadi Trek
- Vasota Fort Trek
- Vikatgad Trek
- Visapur Fort Trek
- Vishramgad Fort Trek
- Waterfall Rappelling Trek
- Night Cycling Trek
- Bhandardara Trek
- Jivdhan Fort Trek
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Karnala Fort Trek
- Kataldhar Waterfall Trek
- Koraigad Trek
- Korigad Trek
- Kundalika Valley Trek
- Lohagad Trek
- Madhe ghat Waterfall Trek
- Nanemachi Trek
- Raigad Fort Trek
- Raireshwar Trek
- Rajgad Fort Trek
- Rajmachi Trek
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Sudhagad Fort Trek
- Takmak Fort Trek
- Waterfall Rappelling
September, 2023 Update: Weather conditions at Naneghat
The weather in the month of September is pleasant, slight drizzle is expected late at night. The visibility is clear and night sky looks splendid. Average temperature for the day expected to be around 28°C. Chance of rain 20%.
- 90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, or does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to the trek date and time free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours the of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.