Vasota fort is an ancient fort situated in the middle of dense forest at an Altitude of 1171m near Bamnoli village in Satara district. The forest Surrounding Vasota is dense and rich in Flora and Fauna. The fort is situated in the deep forests and valleys of Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary. Situated on the banks of the Shivsagar Lake, Vasota Fort is surrounded by water on three sides. We'll be Camping too, the Camping location is serene. This is safe and suitable for girls, women, solo travellers, family, Couples.The charges for trek and Camping start from 1900..
Charges for Vasota Trek and Camping:
- Without Pickup: ₹1900 (Participants need to reach the base village in their own vehicle)
- Pickup from Kasara: ₹ 2700 (A Pickup from Mumbai will be provided)
|Height/Altitude||3841ft (1171 m)|
|Best Time to Visit||June to Feb|
|Vasota Trek Distance||6.6 Kilometers|
|Charges/Fees||INR 1900 onwards|
|Trek Organised by||Mischief Treks|
- The thrill of walking through a forest and visiting ancient caves
- Ruins of the fort
- Boating to reach Indavli
- Nageshwar Temple
- Babu kada
- Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Boat Ride
- Camping at backwaters of Koyna
Meeting Point: "Borivli SGNP Gate"
Three hours prior to the event date and time, we will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination purposes. Exact GPS locations for each pickup point, coordinator contact, Live location of bus, etc will be shared in the group.
Bus Pickup Points for Vasota Fort trek and camping:
10:00 pm : Borivli SGNP Gate
10:10 pm : Goregaon - Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall
10:20 pm : Andheri - Start of andheri flyover
10:30 pm : Bandra - Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop
10:40 pm : Sion Station
11:00 pm : Chembur - Shivaji Mahraj Statue
11:40 pm : Vashi - Opposite Center One Mall
11:50 pm : Kharghar - Hotel Three Star
12:00 pm : Kalamboli - McDonalds
Those coming by "own vehicle" need to reach at the meeting point "Kalamboli" before 11:55 pm and follow our vehicles to trek location.
Trek Schedule For Vasota Fort Trek and Camping
Once we reach the base village Bamnoli for Vasota fort trek by 6:00am, We will Freshen up and have breakfast. (Basic Washroom facility is available here)
Post breakfast we will be having our safety instructions and introduction round.
Then we would proceed towards Vasota Fort, By 7.40 am we will be in a boat crossing the Koyna river backwaters to reach Indavli.
We would be reaching Indavli around 9.30 am, this is the starting point of Vasota Fort trek.
We'll be trekking through dense forest to reach Vasota fort as it is covered with dense forest. During the trek the greenery would surprise you as the entire patch of this forest remains green throughout the year.
Its completely safe to hike this forest region during the day. The ascend is gradual and does not have any difficult or tricky climbing involved. We will be passing through water streams, and dense trees.
The flora and fauna seen here would amaze anyone.
We would reach the peak by roughly 1.30 pm.Then we will begin exploring historic architecture of Vasota fort. Here we shall have a brief session about history of Vasota fort and its significance in battles fought for freedom of India.
After having packed lunch at the peak of Vasota fort we will commence descending back to base by 3.30pm and reach down around take a boat ride crossing backwaters of Koyna river.
At 7.00 pm we will be at camping location. Our cozy tents pitched on the banks of koyna will be our home for the night. We'll then be chilling and playing few Group games like "Antakshari", dumb charades, and also play "Mafia game" that shall test your intuitions and judgement skills.
Our Authentic Dinner will be ready around 9.00 pm. Here you get to taste local food prepared by the Villagers.
You will get to wake up to the chirping sound of birds and you will have to freshen up by 7.00 am. A beautiful sunrise awaits you.
Return journey to Mumbai shall commence by 9.00 am.
We will be passing through "Kaas Pathaar" also known as Kaas Valley of Flowers. Kaas has more than 850 different species of flowering plants, The flora of kaas i.e. the entire flowering plants and their related plants are typically restricted to that particular locality only. This is because the plateau is largely formed of basalt which is directly exposed to atmosphere. The basalt is almost covered entirely by a thin cover of soil formed due to erosion and has accumulated a layer of not more than 25 mm or so. The orchids bloom here for a period of 3–4 weeks only during flowering season. Kaas is part of UNESCO World Natural Heritage Sites. The most common flowering plants found in abundence are Pogostemon deccanensis, Eriocaulon spp, Senecio grahamii, Utricularia spp, Dipcadi montanum, and Impatiens lawii.
Lunch will be at a "dhaba" on the Highway.
What is included in the tour
- Pvt bus pickup and drop from Mumbai(If Opted for)
- Day 01 - Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner
- Day 02- Breakfast
- Evening refreshment for the day.
- Toll Charges, Taxes and other govt /local body fees.
- Kaas Entry Fees (govt charges).
- Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Any emergency evacuations/rescue (if required)
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above.
- Identity proof.
- Good and reliable trekking shoes and extra pair of floaters.
- Water (minimum 2 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Torch with extra batteries - do not depend on the phone.
- Raincoat / windcheater / Poncho.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Mosquito repellent (optional)
- Some ready-to-eat food like biscuits, plum cake, etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder (We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- A haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free while trekking.
- And most imp thing, carry lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Please do not apply to join our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers living in tribal (Aadivasi) region. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Mischief treks does not own busses, Jeeps, Trains, or Flight. The transport options are hired by us just like people hire Ola/Uber/Auto/Taxi/Train. Any issues regarding the transport vehicles need to be addressed to concerned transport service provider. Pickup-and-Drop for the event is arranged only as "help" towards common means to travel together, Mischief Treks does not provide transport services or takes any liability regarding the same. Our role and responsibility starts from base village where the trek conducted by us begins.
- Trekking Shoes: Wear reliable shoes with good grip, the sole of the shoe gets ripped off if the shoe is not in good condition.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any adventure or sport event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss joining the group you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
CAUTION: Please be aware that even the easiest trek is fundamentally a "Trek," not a Tour, Hike, or Picnic. It's crucial to understand that an unfit individual might struggle to complete even half of an easy trek. Based on our prior experiences, an unfit person might perceive an easy-grade trek as the most difficult trek. Prior to making a booking for the event, ensure that you are in good physical and mental condition for trekking.
To understand What is Trek ( click here )
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
September, 2023 Update: Weather conditions
The weather in the month of September is pleasant, slight drizzle is expected late at night. The visibility is clear and night sky looks splendid. Average temperature for the day expected to be around 28°C. Chance of rain 20%.
- 90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to trek date and time, free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5 days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and also the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.