This one-day trek to Bhairavgad Fort is one of the most thrilling treks in Maharashtra.The trail to Bhairavgad involves ascending /climbing through narrow rock-cut stairs with a deep valley on one side. The base village for the Bhairavgad fort trek is Moroshi Village. Also known as "Moroshicha Bhairavgad" holds an important place in the history of Maharashtra and is located at a strategic position that helped Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in governing the region.
During the trek you will see marvels of architecture, a rock-cut Water tank on the eastern side, It was built to store and preserve water. You will be amazed to view Naneghat, Jivdhan, Rohida, Harishchandragad, Ajoba from the top of the fort. If you are looking for Easy treks for beginners click here: https://www.mischieftreks.com/collections/easy-trek-for-beginners
Bhairavgad Fort Trek and Rappelling is the best trek and rappelling event near Mumbai, it is also known as Moroshicha Bhairavgad. It is safe and suitable for girls, Family, kids, solo travelers, Group, Couple. It is a Moderate grade trek. Pickup is available from Mumbai.
Charges for Bhairavgad:
- Without Pickup: ₹999 (Participants need to reach the base village in their own vehicle)
- With Pickup: ₹ 1600 (A Bus Pickup from Mumbai will be provided)
|Height/Altitude||4997 ft (1523 m)|
|Best Time to Visit||Dec to Feb|
|Bhairavgad Trek Distance||6 Kilometers|
|Charges/Fees||INR 750 onwards|
|Trek Organised by||Mischief Treks|
- One of the most thrilling treks in Maharashtra
- Rappelling Adventure
- Exploring Rock-Cut water tank containing water safe-to-drink.
- Walking through dense forest/jungle
- View from the summit: Naneghat, Jivdhan, Rohida, Harishchandragad, and Ajoba
- Rappelliing with all the technical Support and guidance.
Bus Travel Pickup Points for Bhairavgad Fort
11.00 pm: Borivli East (SGNP gate)
11.10 pm: Goregaon - Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall
11.20 pm: Andheri - WEH Metro Station Bus Stop
11.30 pm: Bandra - Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop
11.45 pm: Sion Station
12.00 am: Amar Mahal bus stop, Ghatkopar/Chembur
12.35 am: Thane - Teen haat naka
01.10 am: Kalyan - NH3, Kalyan bypass
(Those coming in their own vehicle need to meet us at Kalyan bypass at 01.10 am and follow our vehicle till the trek location)
We'll be reaching base village by 04:00 am, once we reach we will freshen up, have breakfast.
04.00 am: Once we reach base and freshen up, we will have breakfast, safety instructions, and an introduction session.
05.00 am: Start trek towards Bhairavgad.
08.30 am: Reach Bhairavgad Steps. Start climbing a rock patch, one by one.
11.00 am: Reach the top of "Moroshicha Bhairavgad". Explore the top and start descending.
02.30 pm: Reach base village and have lunch
04.00 pm: Start return journey
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Note: We will be creating a WhatsApp group for pickup and meeting point coordination 3 hrs prior to the event date and time. Exact GPS locations will be shared in the group along with the live location of the bus
What is included in the tour
- Transport - Pickup and drop from Mumbai (if opted for)
- Rappelling charges
- Safety equipment charges
- Trek expertise charges
- Breakfast and Tea
- Govt / Local Body Charges as applicable
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled water, Soft Drinks.
- Personal Expenses
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above.
- Identity proof.
- Torch (do not depend on mobile phone)
- Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder.
- Face Mask or Face Shield, and sanitiser
- Good and reliable trekking shoes and extra pair of floaters.
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Water (min 2 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Some ready to eat food like biscuits, plum cake etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any, We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- Haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free while trekking.
- And most imp thing, carry lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Please do not apply to join our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers living in tribal (Aadivasi) region. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Mischief treks does not own busses, Jeeps, Trains, or Flight. The transport options are hired by us just like people hire Ola/Uber/Auto/Taxi/Train. Any issues regarding the transport vehicles need to be addressed to concerned transport service provider. Pickup-and-Drop for the event is arranged only as "help" towards common means to travel together, Mischief Treks does not provide transport services or takes any liability regarding the same. Our role and responsibility starts from base village where the trek conducted by us begins.
- Trekking Shoes: Wear reliable shoes with good grip, the sole of the shoe gets ripped off if the shoe is not in good condition.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any adventure or sport event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss joining the group you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
CAUTION: Please be aware that even the easiest trek is fundamentally a "Trek," not a Tour, Hike, or Picnic. It's crucial to understand that an unfit individual might struggle to complete even half of an easy trek. Based on our prior experiences, an unfit person might perceive an easy-grade trek as the most difficult trek. Prior to making a booking for the event, ensure that you are in good physical and mental condition for trekking.
To understand What is Trek ( click here )
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
Events by Mischief Treks
- Group Tours and Customized Trips starting from Mumbai
- One Day Treks in/near Mumbai
- Camping and Stargazing
- Night Cycling
- Fireflies Festival 2023
- Rann of Kutch - Rann Utsav 2023-2024
- 90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to trek date and time, free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.