Nestled amidst the lush greenery of the Sahyadri mountain range in the scenic Raigad district, Nandhimal Fort stands as a majestic proof to the history. This hidden gem offers a thrilling expedition that combines natural beauty, historical significance, and breathtaking vistas. With a moderate difficulty level, the Nandhimal Fort monsoon trek is a perfect choice for both seasoned trekkers and nature enthusiasts alike. As you ascend the fort, you'll be greeted by panoramic views of rolling valleys, cascading waterfalls, and the ever-changing shades of the surrounding mountains. Dating back to the 15th century, Nandhimal Fort holds a rich history as a strategic military outpost and has witnessed the passage of time. Feel the weight of the past as you explore its ancient walls, intricate architecture, and hidden chambers. Traverse through dense forests teeming with diverse flora and fauna, conquer rocky terrains, and follow the footsteps of history along its ancient pathways. The monsoon showers add a magical touch to the journey, enveloping you in a refreshing mist as you make your way to the summit. The fort is in rectangular shape, and it can be easily located from distance. Breathtaking views of Arabian sea, Surya river and Palghar can be seen from the top. The fort is divided into two parts due to a rectangular rock. The trek is safe and suitable for kids, Solo trekkers, females, couples and family. If you are looking for Easy treks for beginners click here: https://www.mischieftreks.com/collections/easy-trek-for-beginners
Join us for Nandhimal Fort Trek this weekend. This is the best and easy grade one day short trek near Mumbai in Maharashtra. The trek is safe and suitable for kids, Solo trekkers, females, couples and family. Other treks incluse Devkund, Kalsubai, AMK, Harishchandragad and Sandhan Valley
- Water tanks on the fort
- Views of Arabian Sea, Surya River and Palghar
- Waghobaa Khind Temple at the base
- Easy Grade trek for Beginners
Nandhimal Fort Trek from Mumbai
Charges for Nandhimal Fort Trek:
- Without Pickup: ₹750
(Participants need to reach the base village in their own vehicle)
- Pickup from Palghar: ₹ 1100
(A Shared Jeep Pickup from Palghar will be provided)
|Height/Altitude||1150 ft (350 m)|
|Best Time to Visit||June to Feb|
|Nandhimal Fort Trek Distance||4 Kilometers|
|Charges/Fees||INR 750 onwards|
|Batch Size||25 Participants|
|Trek Organised by||Mischief Treks|
Train Pickup: Palghar - 07:19 am
Self Drive: Those coming by own car need to reach Palghar Station Meeting Point by 07:10 am and follow our vehicle till trek location (Those travelling by own vehicle to the base village).
Three hours prior to the event date and time, we will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination purposes. Exact GPS locations for each pickup point, coordinator contact, etc will be shared in the group.
Catch Dahanu Fast Local Train from your nearest Station.
05:17 am : Churchgate
05:27 am : Mumbai Central
05:34 am : Dadar
05:39 am : Bandra
05:47 am : Andheri
05:59 am : Borivali
06:11 am : Bhayander
06:34 am : Virar
06:51 am : Saphale
07:19 am : Palghar
Nandhimal Fort Trek Schedule:
- Meet at Palghar Station meeting point by 07:20 am.
- Once the train reaches the platform, We'll meet and start our journey towards the base village via the local jeeps waiting for us outside station.
- Reach base village for Nandhimal trek approximately by 7:55 am
- Rest and freshen up, and have breakfast We'll be then having a short Safety and Introduction round and start our trek by 08:30 am.
- We'll be reaching the top by 11:00 am.
- We'll explore the fort, rest for sometime have our dabba party and then start our descend
- Around 02:00 pm reach back to the base and have our lunch.
- Start return journey to Mumbai around 03:00 pm.
What is included in the tour
- Pickup from Palghar ( If opted for )
- Breakfast and Tea
- Veg Lunch
- Govt / Local Body Charges as applicable
- Trek expertise charges
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Any emergency evacuations/rescue (if required)
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned above.
- Identity proof.
- Reliable shoes with good grip and extra pair of floaters.
- Water (minimum 2 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Rain gear - windcheater/raincoat/poncho.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Mosquito repellent (optional)
- Some ready-to-eat food like biscuits, plum cake, etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder (We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- A haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free while trekking.
- And most imp thing, carry lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Please do not apply to join our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers living in tribal (Aadivasi) region. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Mischief treks does not own busses, Jeeps, Trains, or Flight. The transport options are hired by us just like people hire Ola/Uber/Auto/Taxi/Train. Any issues regarding the transport vehicles need to be addressed to concerned transport service provider. Pickup-and-Drop for the event is arranged only as "help" towards common means to travel together, Mischief Treks does not provide transport services or takes any liability regarding the same. Our role and responsibility starts from base village where the trek conducted by us begins.
- Trekking Shoes: Wear reliable shoes with good grip, the sole of the shoe gets ripped off if the shoe is not in good condition.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any adventure or sport event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss joining the group you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
CAUTION: Please be aware that even the easiest trek is fundamentally a "Trek," not a Tour, Hike, or Picnic. It's crucial to understand that an unfit individual might struggle to complete even half of an easy trek. Based on our prior experiences, an unfit person might perceive an easy-grade trek as the most difficult trek. Prior to making a booking for the event, ensure that you are in good physical and mental condition for trekking.
To understand What is Trek ( click here )
Points to Note and FAQ's For Nandhimal Fort Trek
Q. How do I get all the details about the trek, like charges, meeting time, pickup time and location, inclusion, exclusion, things to carry, etc? Can someone read it out for me on phone?
Ans. All the details are mentioned on this page itself, once you scroll up you will all info on your screen. Sorry we do not verbally provide details on phone as it usually creates lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Also, its extremely important to read and understand all the details before you book the event so that you have absolute clarity. If something mentioned on this page is confusing , you can get clarity on chat by clicking on chat with us button on top. To discuss things that are not mentioned on this website we can arrange a callback from one of our trek leaders.
Q: I have booked/paid for the event, is my booking confirmed for the Nandhimal Fort Trek?
Ans. No !, your booking can become invalid if you do not submit the "Most Important Details" required for emergency situations. For any Trek/Adventure event the organizers need to have your details at least 24 hours prior to the event. We do not allow anyone to the campsite until we have complete and authentic details of the person. This info is crucial in case of an emergency and is a mandatory KYC parameter. The link for the "personal details form" will be sent on WhatsApp immediately after you complete the booking instructions mentioned on the website. Submitting incomplete/incorrect/fake details in the form will make your booking invalid and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. Why is submitting emergency contact details and KYC information mandatory?
Ans. Its a standard protocol and also a guideline by Govt of India. We are accountable for every "Human-Body" present at our campsite or trek is our responsibility and in case of any unfortunate event we will be asked by authorities to provide all relevant information about you. In order to comply with the authorities we have to take authentic information from you. Fake/Incomplete information or non-submission of the details will make your ticket (paid amount) invalid and no refund will be provided in such case. You will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Q. If I have opted for "with transport", which vehicle will be provided for Nandhimal Fort Trek?
Ans. Transport for this event is provided from Palghar by a Local Jeep/Tum-Tum Hired from our trusted vendor.
Q. Does the cancellation policy/rescheduling policy apply to me if I book Nandhimal Fort Trek on event day or last day?
Ans: Yes, the policy is applicable irrespective of the booking date. The cancellation / reschedule policy is applicable to everyone with immediate effect from the date and time of booking. The refunds/rescheduling requests will be processed based on the date and time of cancellation/reschedule request saent to us and the date and time of booking the event are irrelevant.
Q. What is the basis of cancellation/reschedule policy in case of medical or personal emergency of participant or organizing team?
Ans: The cancellation policy is based on fairness towards the participant and the organizing team. In case of medical/personal emergency, the loss arising out of cancellation/reschedule will be borne by the respective person. i.e. if the organizing team faces an emergency situation and the event gets canceled, the participant will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if the participant faces an emergency situation, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss. The cancellation policy is designed with a completely unbiased approach towards the participant and organizing team and is aimed at fairness towards both.
Q. What if there is an issue with transport, i.e. the Jeep breaks down, tyre gets punctured? will we get a refund?
Ans. Mischief Treks as a team conducts treks only. All the support functions like transport, food etc are sourced from various other vendors to help the participants have it streamlined. Equipment failure can happen any time with any piece of machinery and we can try to get a replacement/repair from the vendor. This may consume time and the trek leader may decide to continue the trek as deemed fit to get the event completed. We as well as the participants have to bare with it. There are no refunds possible in such case. The Trek leader's decision to terminate the trek or continue the trek with available resources will be final and binding.
Q. We are coming by our own vehicle for the event, where should we reach for the Nandhimal Fort Trek?
Ans. You need to reach the Meeting point at scheduled meeting time. This is where we will be meeting, from here you can follow our vehicles. You will be given exact coordinates after you finish booking formalities. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for
coordination, you will be provided all relevant details in the group. Please do not be late, we cannot keep other participants waiting. If you are not able to reach on time you will be considered a Drop-Out and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. How many people will be coming for Nandhimal Fort Trek?
Ans. Depends on the number of people booking the event. Generally, the batch size is approximately 20-25 participants. It is a Public place and we have no access to data on other organizers' bookings hence we cannot comment on the exact number of people planning to visit this place on a given date.
Q. What food will be provided at Nandhimal Fort Trek?
Ans. We source the food from the locals, it consists of Basic home cooked Dal, Rice, Chapatti and seasonal Vegetable.
Q. Is there a Changing room or a place to change at Nandhimal Trek?
Ans. Yes, you can change at the local person's house where we'll be having our breakfast and lunch.
Q. Can you keep your bags and extra things somewhere?
Ans. You can keep your bags and extra things at the local person's house at the base village or in the bus before the trek starts.
Q. Can kids participate in this Nandhimal Trek?
Ans. We would recommend this event to kids of age 12 and above. There are other kids-friendly events for you to consider. If you are planning to trek with a kid , I recommend you to go through this Check this Blog: https://www.mischieftreks.in/Blog/kids-trek-Maharashatra
Q. Is Nandhimal Trek safe for solo participants?
Ans. Yes Trek is safe and comfortable. Mostly 40% of the participants come solo and blend in with the trek leaders and the rest of the group.
Q. Is Nandhimal Trek safe for girls?
Ans. Mischief Treks has a track record of making our trekking and camping events extremely safe for girls. Normally 60 – 75 % of our participants are females.
Q. How long is Nandhimal Fort Trek?
Ans. Normally it takes two hours to ascend and two hours to descend.
Q. Can we pay in cash or installment ?
Ans. Sorry we do not accept cash payments. For installment scheme you will have to pay one-time processing fee of Rs.500 per person.
Q. What is the last date of booking the Nandhimal Trek?
Ans. Bookings close once tickets are sold out. Ideally you need to book atleast 2-3 days in advance.
Q. How should I book the Nandhimal Trek?
Ans. All you have to do is press the Book now button on this page and follow the instructions. www.mischieftreks.com
Q. How do we get in touch after reaching meeting point?
Ans. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination where you will be provided all the necessary information regarding contact person, exact point to meet etc.
Q. Will we be returning at exact time mentioned in the itinerary?
Ans. The Itinerary is for reference purpose only, it is based on average time taken during our previous events. Actual timeline for a particular date depends on Weather conditions, Traffic Conditions, Participants speed and endurance.
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
Trek and Tour Events by Mischief Treks
- Group Tours and Customized Trips starting from Mumbai
- One Day Treks in/near Mumbai
- Camping and Stargazing
- Night Cycling
- Fireflies Festival 2023
- Rann of Kutch - Rann Utsav 2023-2024
- Kids Trek and Activities in Mumbai
September, 2023 Update: Weather conditions
The weather in the month of September is pleasant, slight drizzle is expected late at night. The visibility is clear and night sky looks splendid. Average temperature for the day expected to be around 28°C. Chance of rain 20%.
Cancellation, Rescheduling & Refund Policy.
90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to trek date and time, free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5 days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.