Ratankada waterfall trek is a non-crowded location near Mumbai in Karjat region. This Exclusive trek is easy for beginners and suitable for all groups. The route is full of dense Jungle and you'll be crossing a number of streams and waterfalls on your way. This trek is one of our favorite treks for the monsoon season. It is one of the Non-Crowded Locations in Maharashtra. You will get to witness many waterfalls on your trek. The trail is beautiful with many waterfalls, a beautiful view and it's also one of the best trek for the season. This monsoon trek offers a perfect blend of adventure and natural beauty. Take a refreshing dip in the cool waters, feel the mist on your face, and let the tranquility of the surroundings wash over you. Ratankada Waterfall Trek is a soul-soothing experience, a chance to reconnect with nature and create unforgettable memories.
Best time to visit Ratankada Waterfall Trek is during Monsoon, June-September 2023. Difficulty level is Easy-Moderate grade, and at short distance from Mumbai. Ratankada is safe and suitable for girls, women, and solo travelers. Other Popular locations are Devkund, Malshej Ghat, God Valley, Aadrai
- The thrill of walking through a dense forest
- Get to witness Ratankada in it's peak beauty during Monsoon
- Majestic Waterfalls
- Visit locations on the trek only Known to few people
- View the early morning bliss from the top.
- Easy-Moderate Grade best suitable during peak monsoon
Ratankada Waterfall Trek - Less Crowded - Offbeat - By Mischief Treks
Album Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AktYzK8NLyoWNHns6
Charges for Ratankada Waterfall Trek:
- Without Pickup/Drop: ₹750
(Participants need to reach the base village in their own vehicle)
- Pickup/Drop Neral Station: ₹ 1100
(A shared Jeep Pickup from Neral Station will be provided)
|Height/Altitude||731 Meters / 2400 feet|
|Best Time to Visit||June to September|
|Difficulty Level||Easy ( Click Here )|
|Trek Distance||4 Kilometers|
|Charges/Fees||INR 750 onwards|
|Batch Size||25 Participants|
|Organised by||Mischief Treks | Mumbai|
Detailed Itinerary - Ratankada Waterfall Trek
Meeting Point: Neral Local Train Station.
Three hours prior to the event date and time, we will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination purposes.
Catch the Karjat Fast Local train
- CSMT : 05:46 am
- Byculla: 05:53 am
- Dadar: 05:59 am
- Kurla: 06:06 am
- Ghatkopar: 06:10 am
- Thane: 06:25 am
- Dombivali: 06:41 am
- Kalyan: 06:50 am
- Neral: 07: 27 am
Those coming by train to Neral need to reach Neral Station as per the above-mentioned train schedule. Those coming by own vehicle need to reach the Base village GPS location before 08:15 am.
Plan for the Ratankada Waterfall Trek
- The train is expected to reach Neral station at 07:27 hrs. Once the Train reaches the Trek Leader from Mischief Treks will meet you at the station and the group will move out and take the transport vehicle by 07:35 am
- Once we reach the base of Ratankada by 08:20 am we shall freshen up, have our breakfast and have a short safety and introduction round and start the trek by 09:00 am
- We will be then walking through dense forest and cross small streams and Waterfalls and reach the waterfall by 11:45am
- After spending time in waterfall we will head back to base.
- Lunch by 02:00 pm. Post Lunch we continue walking down.
- The group is expected to reach back to starting point by 04:00 pm
- Then we'll head to Karjat station and start our return journey back to Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Pickup and drop from Neral station ( If opted for )
- Lunch (Veg and Jain)
- Breakfast and Tea
- Govt / Local Body Charges as applicable
- Trek expertise charges
- Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Water and personal expenses.
- Things not mentioned in the inclusions
- Identity proof.
- Good and reliable trekking shoes and extra pair of floaters.
- Water (minimum 2 Ltrs) Compulsory.
- Torch with extra batteries - do not depend on the phone.
- Keep your phone fully charged.
- Mosquito repellent (optional)
- Some ready-to-eat food like biscuits, plum cake, etc to keep your tummy happy.
- Medicines (if you need any), Glucon D / Electrol / Enerzyl Powder (We will have a basic first aid kit with us).
- A haversack to put all your things. Your hands need to be free while trekking.
- And most imp thing, carry lot of enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Please do not apply to join our group if the terms and details mentioned on this page are not agreeable to you.
- Fitness: Please make sure you are Physically Fit to complete the event and BEFORE Booking you have gone through all the details, FAQ, Points to note, About Us, and Disclaimer.
- Food: The food during the event is home cooked food provided by local villagers living in tribal (Aadivasi) region. If you are choosy, cranky and grumpy about food, please avoid joining this event.
- Transport: Mischief treks does not own busses, Jeeps, Trains, or Flight. The transport options are hired by us just like people hire Ola/Uber/Auto/Taxi/Train. Any issues regarding the transport vehicles need to be addressed to concerned transport service provider. Pickup-and-Drop for the event is arranged only as "help" towards common means to travel together, Mischief Treks does not provide transport services or takes any liability regarding the same. Our role and responsibility starts from base village where the trek conducted by us begins.
- Trekking Shoes: Wear reliable shoes with good grip, the sole of the shoe gets ripped off if the shoe is not in good condition.
- About us: Don't forget to check the About-Us page if you are new to trekking in Maharashtra.
- Punctuality: In any adventure or sport event punctuality and discipline is utmost important. If you are late in catching the train/bus/cab, you will miss-out the pickup and will be considered dropout. If you are travelling in your vehicle, you may miss joining the group you are late. This is a group event and will not be personalized as per your timing.
- Discounts: To be honest, Discounts and coupon codes are just a marketing trick to fool people. No one offers something below the pre-decided rate slab. The charges on website haven't yet been adjusted (inflated) to provide for discounts. Mentioned amount is the lowest actual charges and hence discounts are currently not possible. Each organiser charges a certain amount based on his understanding regarding 'Worth' of his own event.
- Batch Size: We Do-Not conduct trek with 100-150 people in the group. Our batch size is limited and we prefer to have a Non-Crowded group for safety reasons.
- KYC Form: Once you have paid for the event you will receive a KYC form on WhatsApp as soon as your payment is verified by system. You need to submit this form within 3 hours of receiving the form. If you have booked for your friends too, you need to ask each of your friend to get this done. If you are booking just 1 day prior to event, the form needs to be submitted immediately to avoid any inconvenience (Refer FAQ section below)
CAUTION: Please be aware that even the easiest trek is fundamentally a "Trek," not a Tour, Hike, or Picnic. It's crucial to understand that an unfit individual might struggle to complete even half of an easy trek. Based on our prior experiences, an unfit person might perceive an easy-grade trek as the most difficult trek. Prior to making a booking for the event, ensure that you are in good physical and mental condition for trekking.
To understand What is Trek ( click here )
Points to Note and FAQ's for Ratankada Waterfall Trek
Following are the frequently asked questions regarding Ratankada Waterfall Trek.
Q. Can someone read event details for me on phone?
Ans. All the details are mentioned on this page itself, once you scroll up you will all info on your screen. Sorry we do not verbally provide details on phone as it usually creates lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Also, its extremely important to read and understand all the details before you book the event so that you have absolute clarity. If something mentioned on this page is confusing , you can get clarity on chat by clicking on chat with us button on top. To discuss things that are not mentioned on this website we can arrange a callback from one of our trek leaders.
Q. I have booked/paid for the event, is my booking confirmed for Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. No !, your booking can become invalid if you do not submit the "Most Important Details" required for emergency situations. For any Trek/Adventure event the organizers need to have your details at least 24 hours prior to the event. We do not allow anyone to the campsite until we have complete and authentic details of the person. This info is crucial in case of an emergency and is a mandatory KYC parameter. The link for the "personal details form" will be sent on WhatsApp immediately after you complete the booking instructions mentioned on the website. Submitting incomplete/incorrect/fake details in the form will make your booking invalid and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. Why is submitting emergency contact details and KYC information mandatory?
Ans. Its a standard protocol and also a guideline by Govt of India. We are accountable for every "Human-Body" present at our campsite or trek is our responsibility and in case of any unfortunate event we will be asked by authorities to provide all relevant information about you. In order to comply with the authorities we have to take authentic information from you. Fake/Incomplete information or non-submission of the details will make your ticket (paid amount) invalid and no refund will be provided in such case. You will not be allowed to participate in the event.
Q. If I have opted for "with transport", which vehicle will be provided?
Ans. Transportation for this event is provided from Karjat via local jeeps/tum-tum sourced from a trusted vendor
Q. What is provided in meals?
Ans. Breakfast will consist of poha and tea and Lunch will consist of Roti, seasonal veg, dal, rice, papad and pickle.
Q. Does the cancellation policy/rescheduling policy apply to me if I book on event day or last day?
Ans: Yes, the policy is applicable irrespective of the booking date. The cancellation / reschedule policy is applicable to everyone with immediate effect from the date and time of booking. The refunds/rescheduling requests will be processed based on the date and time of cancellation/reschedule request sent to us and the date and time of booking the event are irrelevant.
Q. What is the basis of cancellation/reschedule policy in case of medical or personal emergency of participant or organizing team?
Ans: The cancellation policy is based on fairness towards the participant and the organizing team. In case of medical/personal emergency, the loss arising out of cancellation/reschedule will be borne by the respective person. i.e. if the organizing team faces an emergency situation and the event gets canceled, the participant will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if the participant faces an emergency situation, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss. The cancellation policy is designed with a completely unbiased approach towards the participant and organizing team and is aimed at fairness towards both.
Q. What if there is an issue with transport, i.e. the bus breaks down, AC is not working, tyre gets punctured? will we get a refund?
Ans. Mischief Treks as a team conducts treks only. All the support functions like transport, food etc are sourced from various other vendors to help the participants have it streamlined. Equipment failure can happen any time with any piece of machinery and we can try to get a replacement/repair from the vendor. This may consume time and the trek leader may decide to continue the trek as deemed fit to get the event completed. We as well as the participants have to bare with it. There are no refunds possible in such case. The Trek leader's decision to terminate the trek or continue the trek with available resources will be final and binding.
Q. We are coming by our own vehicle for the event, where should we reach for Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. You need to reach the Meeting point at scheduled meeting time. This is where we will be meeting, from here you can follow our vehicles. You will be given exact coordinates after you finish booking formalities. We will be creating a WhatsApp group for coordination, you will be provided all relevant details in the group. Please do not be late, we cannot keep other participants waiting. If you are not able to reach on time you will be considered a Drop-Out and no refund will be provided in such case.
Q. How many people will be coming for Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Depends on the number of people booking the event. Generally, the batch size is approximately 20-25 participants. It's a totally Non-Crowded Location and you'll barely find any other people on the location
Q. Can kids participate in Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Age does not matter, Fitness and adaptation is extremely Important. Once we had a 4 year old girl who completed entire trek easily, and sometimes even 22-25 year old people cant complete 10% of the event . If you are planning to trek with a kid , I recommend you to go through this Check this Blog: https://www.mischieftreks.com/can-kids-trek-in-maharashtra
Q. Is Ratankada Waterfall Trek safe for solo participants?
Ans. Yes Trek is safe and comfortable. Mostly 40% of the participants come solo and blend in with the trek leaders and the rest of the group.
Q. Is Ratankada Waterfall Trek safe for girls?
Ans. Mischief Treks has a track record of making our trekking and camping events extremely safe for girls. Normally 60 – 75 % of our participants are females. Apart from standard risks of any adventure activity, Mischief Treks events are safe for girls, women, kids and especially Men.
Q. How long is Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Normally it takes 3 hours to ascend and 2 hours to descend.
Q. Can we pay in cash or installment ?
Ans. Sorry we do not accept cash payments. For installment scheme you need to check with your credit card company or bank.
Q. What is the last date of booking Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. Bookings close once tickets are sold out. Ideally you need to book atleast 2-3 days in advance.
Q. How should I book Ratankada Waterfall Trek?
Ans. All you have to do is press the book now button on this page and follow the instructions.
Q. How do we get in touch after reaching meeting point?
Ans. We will be creating a whatsapp group for coordination where you will be provided all the necessary information regarding contact person, exact point to meet etc..
Q. Will we be returning at exact time mentioned in the itinerary?
Ans. The Itinerary is for reference purpose only, it is based on average time taken during our previous events. Actual timeline for a particular date depends on Weather conditions, Traffic Conditions, Participants speed and endurance.
Aggregate Rating: 4.85 out of 5
Rating count: 2431
Events by Mischief Treks
- Group Tours and Customized Trips starting from Mumbai
- One Day Treks in/near Mumbai
- Camping and Stargazing
- Night Cycling in Mumbai
- Easy Treks for Beginners and Kids
- Link: https://www.mischieftreks.com/collections/easy-trek-for-beginners
Tours starting from Mumbai
- Jog Waterfall Tour - Karnataka
- Hampi Tour
- Kumta Gokarna Beach Tour
- Kaas - Valley Of Flower Tour
- Statue of Unity Tour - Gujrat
- Manali Kasol Tour - Himachal
- Rann of Kutch - Rann Utsav 2023-2024
- Link: https://www.mischieftreks.com/trip/rann-of-kutch-tour-from-mumbai-rann-utsav
Following are the most sought-out one day treks in Maharashtra. These treks are suitable for a day visit and offer adventurous experience during Monsoon and Winter season.
- Aad Fort Trek
- Aadrai Jungle Trek
- Andharban Jungle Trek
- Asava Fort Trek
- Asherigad Fort Trek
- Bhairavgad Fort Trek
- Bhimashankar Trek
- Bhimdev Fort Trek
- Bhimgad Fort Trek
- Bhivgad Fort Trek
- Cycling Trek
- Devkund Trek
- Forest Veil Trek
- Ganpati Gadad Trek
- Garbett Plateau Trek
- Harihar Fort Trek
- Harishchandragad Trek
- Irshalgad Fort Trek
- Kaas Plateau Trek
- Kaas Valley Trek
- Kalavantin Fort Trek
- Kalsubai Trek
- Kalu Waterfall Trek
- Kids Trek
- Kohoj Fort Trek
- Kothaligad Trek
- Matheran Trek
- Malshej Ghat Trek
- Mrugagad Fort Trek
- Nandhimal Trek
- Naneghat Trek
- Nanemachi Trek
- Non Crowded Trek
- One Tree hill trek
- Peb Fort Trek
- Padargad Fort Trek
- Ratangad Fort Trek
- Raigad Fort Trek
- Rappelling Trek
- Ratankada Trek
- Sandhan Valley Trek
- Secret Waterfall Trek
- Sondai Trek
- Tandulwadi Trek
- Vasota Fort Trek
- Vikatgad Trek
- Visapur Fort Trek
- Vishramgad Fort Trek
- Waterfall Rappelling Trek
- Night Cycling Trek
- Bhandardara Trek
- Jivdhan Fort Trek
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Karnala Fort Trek
- Kataldhar Waterfall Trek
- Koraigad Trek
- Korigad Trek
- Kundalika Valley Trek
- Lohagad Trek
- Madhe ghat Waterfall Trek
- Nanemachi Trek
- Raigad Fort Trek
- Raireshwar Trek
- Rajgad Fort Trek
- Rajmachi Trek
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Sudhagad Fort Trek
- Takmak Fort Trek
- Waterfall Rappelling
September, 2023 Update: Weather conditions at Ratankada
The weather in the month of September is pleasant, slight drizzle is expected late at night. The visibility is clear and night sky looks splendid. Average temperature for the day expected to be around 28°C. Chance of rain 20%.
- 90% will be refunded if canceled 15 days (360+ hrs) in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if canceled 10 days (240+ hrs) in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if canceled 05 days (120+ hrs) in advance.
- 0% refund if canceled in less than 05 days (120 hours) of the event date and time.
- 0% refund if the participant drops out, misses bus pickup, does not reach the meeting point on the scheduled date and time.
If the event itself gets canceled, you will be given the option to switch to any other event or any other date, Or you can opt for 100% refund. If you need to cancel your current booking and/or reschedule your booking to any other date, it can be done free of cost if the rescheduling request is sent 120 hours prior to the trek. From 0hrs - 120 hours prior to trek date and time, free rescheduling is not permitted. It will be counted as cancellation done in less than 120hours of event date and time. It's a humble request, please do not give medical reasons, crib, argue or try to blackmail us if you drop out or cancel/reschedule the trek in the last 5 days. The basis of the cancelation policy is to protect the participant and the organizers from undue financial losses arising out of unforeseen situations. If the event gets canceled due to the medical/personal emergency of the organising team member, the participants will not have to suffer financial loss. Similarly, if there is a medical/personal emergency at the participant's end, the organizing team will not have to suffer financial loss.